Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 FOR TODAY June 4th, 2013

Outside my window...
It looks like it is going to be a beautiful sunny day today.  Yesterday was gorgeous.  I told Todd I brought the sun back with me.   It's hard to believe that the last Woman's Day post I did was way back in April.  Talk about time flying!

I am thinking...
Your life can change forever in an instant.  None of us know what lies ahead for sure.  I guess it is hope in a better future which keeps us putting one foot in front of the other.

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” 
Bill Keane

I am thankful...
I am thankful for my faith which keeps me grounded and the direction it gives to my life.   I know who I am and where I've been, and I know where I am headed.  I have a purpose in being here.

In the kitchen...


 photo SAM_6308_zps920cfea4.jpg

Yesterday I baked some white bread which turned out lovely.  First time ever I didn't bake a door stop!  I also turned half of the recipe into this . . .

 photo SAM_6309_zps8625c6b1.jpg

Tear and Share Greek Bread!   Kind of like Cinnamon Rolls but not sweet and filled with feta cheese, olives, sun dried tomatoes, garlic and herbs.  Delicious.   You can find the recipes and a whole lot more on
The English Kitchen

I am wearing...
Nothing new here!  Except today it is a light cotton nightie.  I've put away the flannel for now!

I am creating...
I was able to do some artwork at my mom's while she was in the hospital.  It helped to while away the time.   I didn't get any done after she got home, but here is a bit of what I did while I was there:

 photo CopyrightFacetotheSun_zps4ef6f3c4.jpg
 A little girl and her cat sitting on the front porch waiting for the sun to come out . . .

  photo copyrightaRigteousMother_zps9a408c4f.jpg

The Faithful Prayers of Righteous Mothers

 photo copyrightSeetheStars_zpsdf019ccb.jpg

Seeing Stars in the Dark

  photo CopyrightStarsMakeMeDream_zps0f491aef.jpg

The Stars Make me Dream

 photo CopyrightChristmas113_zpsa7358b61.jpg

Do You See What I See?

 photo copyrightChristmas213_zpsc80fa3ec.jpg

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.

 photo CopyrightChristmas513_zps4f2dddd4.jpg
What Can I Give Him?

 photo copyrightChristmas313_zps28fa108f.jpg

Angels We Have Heard

  photo copyrightChristmas413_zps73387b2d.jpg

Dashing Through The Snow

 photo copyrightplacesofenchantment_zps1f584cf9.jpg

Places of Enchantment

I did some more as well, but will show them to you once I get them scanned.   In any case I think I have a nice head start on my Christmas Card line for this year!

I am going...
We are taking Mitzie to the dog groomers today.  She is looking like a little Yeti!   She was so happy to see me when I got home, she practically turned herself inside out!  She was galloping up and down the back garden in a frenzy she was so excited!   Todd didn't gallop up and down the back garden???   Hmmm . . .

I am wondering...

Why didn't Todd gallop up and down the back garden.   hahahaha  He says he doesn't know how he managed to drive anywhere without me whilst I was away.  He missed my front seat back seat driving!  NOT!

I am reading...




The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson
 As teenagers Poppy Carlisle and Serena Gorringe were the only witnesses to a tragic event. Amid heated public debate, the two seemingly glamorous teens were dubbed ‘The Ice Cream Girls’ by the press and were dealt with by the courts.

Years later, having led very different lives, Poppy is keen to set the record straight about what really happened, while married mother-of-two Serena wants no one in her present to find out about her past. But some secrets will not stay buried – and if theirs is revealed, everything will become a living hell all over again . . . 


I guess there was a television mini series of this book whilst I was away that I missed.   I would have liked to have seen it.

I am hoping...
My mother has been experiencing quite bad dementia since all of her operations.   I have been reading about it online.  Apparently patients who have undergone General Anesthetic over the age of 80 have a one in three chance of developing permanent dementia.  I  am hoping and praying that my mother's improves.   She had General Anesthetic three times in less than two weeks.  Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

I am looking forward to...
Getting back into the swing of things.   A nice summer for a change!  (Enough of the rain!)  Times and walks with Todd and Mitzie.  Picnics, picnics and more picnics!



I am learning...
I am learning to be more patient with myself.  It's not easy at times . . . because I am a rather impatient person!

Around the house...

 photo 7cf004c6ec0a6011c1406a2b5a7df962_zpsa6b72d1d.jpg
(Source)
I just love the clean looks of this living area.  It's so pristine, and yet at the same time warm and welcoming.   I would love to do something like that in here.  Our walls in our living area are magnolia, which is cream . . . I long for some colour, but then again the carpet is a horrible ruby colour so this pale blue would never work.  Maybe a tan colour . . . or a light golden brown.   Food for thought there.

 photo 3cad6b383a2383ea17282373710dd40f_zps3a913131.jpg
(source)

I think this is a fabulous idea don't you??   It makes a great use of corner space!


I am pondering...
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” 
~Paulo Coelho, the Alchemist

I think love is the great lesson we have been sent to learn here on earth.  When we can love unconditionally, without prejudice or judgement, without having to think about it, we will have cracked it.

A favorite quote for today...
“Maybe everyone can live beyond what they're capable of.” 
~Markus Zusak

I like to try to push the boundaries of each day, to make everything count for something, to learn something new, to do something new or to create something new.  Then none of it will have ever been in vain.

One of my favorite things...
 photo 2204af73fcb451d380e1b2ac829f06fd_zps932b92ea.jpg

I don't drink tea, but I do so love tea pots.   They are one of my favourite things.  Always have been.  Actually I love everything to do with taking tea . . . pots, cups, cosies, strainers . . . 

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Dog Groomers today, Presidency meeting tomorrow night, Boiler man is coming tomorrow to service the boiler, a bit of work, a bit of play . . . just normal stuff.  Normal is good.

A peek into my day...


 photo Readingscripture.jpg

I like to spend some time each day feasting on the Word of God.  It helps me to stay grounded and gives me direction.  I always find exactly what I need to find.   That is amazing to me.  I know it shouldn't be, but it is what it is . . .

A thought to carry with you through today:

“It is often in the darkest
skies that we see the
brightest stars.”
~Richard Evans

Have a wonderful day everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!