Sunday 16 June 2013

Happy Father's Day to all . . .

 photo YoungTony.jpg

Children do not realize
How deep is father's love, how wise . . .
They do not fully understand
The strength that's in his guiding hand.
And yet he's always held above
The childhood things that children love,
And as they grow the long year through,
That love for him keeps growing . . .
Until they learn the full extent
Of what a father's love has meant,
The worries he's concealed within,
How really wonderful he's been,
And here's to one beyond compare,
The Dearest Father Anywhere!

On this Father's Day, 2013 I want to wish a very special Father's Day to all the dad's in my life.  Each one is special to me in their own right and I love them all.

 photo MomandIChristmas1956.jpg

To my own dear father . . . thank you for the laughter, the music, the books and the love.   I could not have asked for a better father.  You mean the world to me.


 photo DSC_9164.jpg

My much beloved Todd, you are the world to me.  If I could do it all over again, I would have loved to have had a family with you.   Alas . . . I can not.   Your gentle caring ways, steadfastness and love mean everything to me.

 photo DavidHabitation.jpg

My brother David.   You are a wonderful father and it shows.  You have four fabulous girls there and a lovely wife.   Your skills as a father and a husband show in all that they do and they are.   The greatest gift a father can give his children is to love their mother, and that you have done.   I honor you, and love you very much.

 photo AnthonyandGabriel2.jpg

Anthony, my first born . . . you are a dear, dear father to your children and it shows in all that you do for and how you care for them.

  photo santaandluke2010.jpg

You're fun and you make pancakes.  You're a sweet and gentle soul.
 They love you so very much, and so do I. 

 photo SAM_6181_zpse03eb30f.jpg

Doug, my gentle giant . . . you are such a wonderful, sensitive and caring Father to your three sweet boys, and a great husband to Kayla.  You love the Lord and your children love Him too.   You are a treasure and I love you very much.

 photo 954875_10151643203350546_1584747450_n_zps1cafc3fe.jpg

Tom, I could not have asked for a better husband for my daughter Amanda, or father for our own sweet Maryn.   Your kind and gentle ways captured my heart from the first time I met you.   You are a special man and it shows in all you say and do.

  photo 582122_10100179428147299_300426908_n_zps3ff5ec81.jpg

Bruce, if the way you care for your niece and nephews and little Baxter are any indication, you will one day be a FABULOUS dad!  You are a sweet and sensitive soul, and I know you don't like to hear that coz you are macho, but it's true.  I love you too!

 photo SAM_6210_zps1fbd712b.jpg

Tim, you may not be a dad, but you're the best darned Uncle my grand kiddos could ever have and a wonderful husband to my girl.   I love you very much!  (You're a real fun guy too!)

  photo a968480d58c276793af5909cea83e09f_zps02d73072.jpg

Most of all I am grateful to my heavenly Father for all that he is to me.  He helps me to be a better me and I know that He is always with me, no matter when, no matter what, no matter how . . .

Happy Father's Day to all the father's in my life and to all the father's in yours!

I have been painting these watercolor  post cards lately.  I plan to sell the originals.  If you would like one of them, just let me know!  Each are signed by me.

 photo copyright-1_zpscc5d9863.jpg

Lone Angel . . .

  photo copyrightbluebirdfairy_zps30c4e444.jpg 

Bluebird . . .

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day." 
~Winnie the Pooh

  photo SAM_6666_zps715d02d9.jpg 

Baking in The English Kitchen today . . . Maple Walnut Scones, in honor of Father's day and my father's love for maple walnut anything!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!