Thursday 2 February 2012

Thursday thoughts . . .

Source: tumblr.com via Marie on Pinterest




Faith . . . is it a holy thing which we keep just for special days??? Is it only something we think about when we need our hearts and hope raised up??? Is it something to be added to the joy, strife and pain which is the common stuff of life???

Perhaps it is the secret yeast . . . the yeast that makes the bread of our lives raise . . . the power of God at work in us, that which glorifies homely tasks and daily duties . . . which helps our daily lives to glow and become more what they are meant to be.

This leaven called faith . . . this secret yeast . . . without it we are only lumps of dough, without flavour or substance. We need to tip it out onto our breadboards daily, working it into everything we think, do or say . . .

Where would I be without mine??? I daren't hazard a guess . . . I only know that I need mine daily. It's the stuff that keeps me going.

Source: flickr.com via Marie on Pinterest



Sometimes I lay in bed at night alone with my thoughts going round and round about my head . . . family, health, the economy . . . but mostly just family, and my heart just aches. It is the time of day that I cannot bury my thoughts beneath the quilt of busy-ness, or tuck them into hidden corners. Tears often fall . . . I know I have my Todd by my side, and I am ever grateful for his presence in my life . . . but he is a man. How can he ever begin to understand that part of my heart that is reserved for being a mother and the keen loss that it feels every single day of my life. I daren't talk to him about it . . . he only gets annoyed. He does not understand . . .

This is where my faith comes in . . . I must trust in all the promises of the Lord, and lay my heart at His feet. I know that He shares my burdens . . . always, that He loves . . . always . . . He does not judge me and find me wanting, as the frailties of the human heart might do. His forgiveness is complete and through Him, though my sins be they as scarlet . . . are washed as white as snow . . . let this be enough, it must be enough. As many times as I may beat myself with the guilty stick, I need to remind myself to . . . just . . . let . . . go . . . and yet, my heart still aches. I do not know how to make it stop.

Thank you for indulging me this morning . . .



My latest piece . . .

“Think of the purest, most all-consuming love you can imagine. Now multiply that love by an infinite amount—that is the measure of God’s love for you. God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe that He doesn’t care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God love encompasses us completely. He loves us because He is filled with an infinite measure of holy, pure, and indescribable love. We are important to God not because of our résumé but because we are His children. He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken. God’s love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the arrogant, and the wicked. What this means is that, regardless of our current state, there is hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter our mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Inspiration for my heart . . . these words they comfort me.

and in the kitchen . . .



*Bread Bowl Meatball Sandwiches*
Serves 6Printable Recipe

Crispy bread roll bowls with a delicious meatball filling! What's not to like?

6 large crusty bread rolls
18 frozen cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
3 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir fry strips
3 cups Italian Tomato pasta sauce
6 TBS shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 TBS chopped fresh basil or parsley

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4. Place your bread rolls on a baking sheet.

Combine the meatballs, pepper and onion mixture, and pasta sauce in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until heated through, about 15 to 18 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir in Parmesan cheese. blending in thoroughly.

Place the bread rolls in the oven to heat and crisp up, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Using a sharp knife cut a small portion off of the top of each roll. Using the bowl of a spoon, lightly press the centre of each roll down inside to form bread bowls. Place each bowl on an individual serving plate. Spoon the meatball mixture into each, dividing it equally. Sprinkle the tops with mozzarella cheese and some basil. Place the top of each bread roll on the plates as a garnish. Serve immediately!

These go well with a side of fresh coleslaw and pickle slices!



Over in The English Kitchen today, something healthy . . . a delicious Buffalo Chicken Salad, with a scrummy low fat Blue Cheese Dressing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!