Monday 7 July 2008

Best Shot Monday



Once again my good friend Melody of Slurping Life is hosting Best Shot Monday. I really enjoyed participating last week and thought I would again this week. I took this picture last week on a sunny day and I thought it was very interesting. Once I got in the house and downloaded my photos onto the computer I could see the distinct impression of a man's face, well actually several men's faces in this tree trunk. Ents. Ents are a fictional race of humanoid trees from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy world of Middle-earth. They appear to have been inspired by the talking trees of many of the world's folklores. I always knew that Oak Cottage was magic . . . I even have my own talking trees . . .

10 comments:

  1. It is only fitting that my magical friend lives in a magical place.

    It is in the wee hours of Monday morn for me but I wanted to stop by and say hello. I will be away from the computer for a couple of days because we are celebrating our 43rd anniversary. Take care and I will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENTS! Yes, I defintely believe in Ents. I think the one you got a picture of is either very old or very young and could not get away in time! I am back from vacation, your posts have been lovely as always. Glad to hear that your vacation is almost here. Sounds like you have been having a lovely time whilst I was gone! Much love, Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool picture! i wish i had magical trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that photo is great! My girls have been finding fairy homes in the base of our trees! I love magical things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How magical! There is so much there when we stop and look closely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I totally see it! That is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someday I am going to come and visit you. Oak Cottage seems like such a wonderful, magical place.

    Today I will be planting a few bushes and plants in our dirt. I can't wait for things to start growing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see them looking out, totally cool! Thanks for sharing that with Best Shot Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came here via Tuesdays with Dorie and I must say your photos are spectacular. I love scenery pics the best. You have a wonderful eye and take great photos. I also like that you can "see" things in the photos. And I thought I was crazy when I would see shapes or faces in clouds or trees etc. Now I know, I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!