Monday 7 October 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, October 7th, 2024



OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

I know I am a day early posting my daybook, but I have my toenail lady coming at 9 tomorrow morning and I know I won't have time to do a proper post, so I thought I would do my day book today since it is my favorite post of the week, next to my All Things Nice post.  


Look at the beautiful autumn colors!  They are simply stunning!  I took these on Saturday. 



I even walked to the end of my street to take a photo of the view down the street towards the North Mountain that runs perpendicular to my own street. Is that not incredibly beautiful. And its not finished yet.



There is still so much more color to come before the leaves all drop.  This my friends, is just the beginning.  


I AM THINKING ...


 


I have to agree with Anne. How terrible it would be if our years did not cradle an October in them. For me, General Conference with my church, Thanksgiving with family, Halloween with all the kiddos and of course all of the beauty of the earth as it gets ready to let go of the color and light and fall into the dark of Winter.






I AM ALSO THINKING ...
I just finished listening to a whole weekend of talks gifted to me by my church's October 2024 General Conference. A weekend filled with truth and inspiration. We have been truly fed.  I am now looking forward to going back and listening to all of the talks again.  I will listen to each one many times before the next conference and each time I will glean further truth and inspiration from them. The music was also pretty amazing.  They had a children's choir on one of the sessions.


 


When they sang this song it brought tears to my eyes.  It was just so beautiful. 




Crockpot Ham and Bean Soup



IN THE KITCHEN ... 


Easy Crockpot Ham & Bean Soup.  This was so delicious. I threw it in the crockpot yesterday morning, ready to enjoy later in the day.  I was also able to take some over to my next door neighbor Sheila as well. I knew that she would appreciate it, and she did.




ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

This Meatball Mac & Cheese from The View from Great Island looks really delicious! Maybe I will make it sometime when I have Eileen and Tim over for supper or maybe I will small batch it and make it for myself.  It is definitely on my radar!



 



LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

Canadian Thanksgiving this next weekend! I don't know if Anthony will be coming over with his family or not. But if they do that will be great. We are not doing a turkey this year. We are doing Mary Brown's fried chicken, but we are going to do all of the regular sides.  For me the sides are the best anyways!



Myself, David and Cindy



REMEMBERING ...

Family Thanksgivings of my childhood. We never lived near any extended family until we were much older, so it was always just us. We did not mind. You cannot miss what you have never had. I love the way I have my arm held protectively around my brother in this photo, and the sweet face of my dear sister.  I love my family so very much.





SOMETHING NICE ...

I love this quote from Anne of Green Gables. It is how I always feel when I am walking in the woods. Or at least when I could still walk in the woods. God willing one day I will be able to do so again.




THIS I KNOW TO BE TRUE ...

Words are such powerful things. Spoken or written. They have the power to break or to make, uplift or tear down. To inspire.  I love words.


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...




I am really wanting to get cracking on making some of these rabbit dolls. I have all of my fabrics gathered now, I just need to find the time. I made several of these years ago, but sold them all. Now I would like one for myself.



 

OH MY GOODNESS ...

This was a photo of my two angels that I took during conference yesterday. They were basking in the light coming through the front window on the sofa. My two loves  . . . 




LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ...

The art of  Ewa Maka   It is so sweet.






I AM READING ...

ENDURING LIGHT, by Carla Kelly

This is the second book in this romance series by LDS author Carla Kelly.  The first was Borrowed Light.  It continues on with the story of Miss Darling ( a cook) and Mr. Otto (A Wyoming rancher) back at the turn of the 20th century. I love this sweet love story that is unmarred by the smut that is often so prevalent in the romance novels of today.  I have read all of the books in the series before and loved each one, so much so that I am reading them all again, for the third time.  If you like a sweet story which flows beautifully then you will love these novels. They are just plain feel good books.


THINGS I LOVE ...

Source of all


 



A front porch with a rocker to sit on and observe all of the beauty autumn has to offer.



 



A hot drink and a good book to read  . . . . 




 



Oak leaves  . . . . 

 



Jack-O-Lanterns  . . . . 






Gourds  . . .  so frightfully interesting!





SOMETHING TO WATCH ...

For October.  A Discovery of Witches on Acorn tv.  I had started watching this series a long time ago on Prime, but for some reason stopped. I am enjoying getting into it again.


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Blessed are those who see 
beautiful things in humble places
where others see nothing.
~Camille Pissaro  •。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   











2 comments:

  1. A daybook are my favourite posts too, of course the Saturday poem is a favourite too. Lovely colours, and good for you for getting out and having a walk. Hope you are feeling better. Adorable kitties as always, love seeing them any day of the week. That crock pot looks so good, and lovely to share with your neighbour. Perfect for these cooler days. Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved watching Anne of Green Gables. We had our own set of them so could watch when we liked, so I watched it quite a bit with my youngest!! There are some great quotes in them.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!