Monday 9 March 2020

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

 
A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  




The season of yellow is upon us.  Our forsythia bush is in full bloom now, as are all of the daffodils, narcissi, crocus, etc. The verges on the motorway, the centre of roundabouts, etc. all are aflush with the colour yellow.  Spring is springing.  The trees all have that green flush of bud upon them.  Its quite simply lovely. 


  
(Fritz Baumgarten, 1968)

Although it has been several years since we have had a pond in the back yard, the frogs still return each year to spawn.  Todd discovered quite a bit of it laying in the puddles in the back garden. It is sad that they will come to naught, but nature is a wonderful thing nevertheless. 



(source)  


The knowledge and opportunity I have to do this on a continuous basis.  His yolk is easy and His burden light. (Matthew 11:28-30)  I am not always good at this. I am  bit of a worry wart, truth be told, but I do share my burdens with him and as we all know a burden shared is a burden halved. 




I have learnt to bite my tongue through the years rather than say the things I am thinking at times.  It is much easier to do this than to take back words that have been spoken out loud. 


  


Kindness always matters most. This is something I strongly believe and something I tried to teach my children.  If everyone in the world practiced the art of being kind our world would be transformed. 




I think my lesson went down okay yesterday. I tried anyways and did get some positive feedback afterwards. Whew!  I don't have to teach now until May, unless my kids don't come, then it will be same as always, and I really hope that my babies can still come.


 
(source)  
  
One of my favourite Holidays is coming, Easter.  I love Easter and what it represents.  It, to me, is the highlight of the religious year.  This is what it was all about.  I also love the human side of it with the Easter bunnies, etc.   I have already picked up some goodies as two of my babies will hopefully be here.  It will be the first time in over 20 years that I have had family members in my home to celebrate a holiday with.  The last time was Thanksgiving in 1999.  We had nine people squeezed around our farm table, including my mother. 
  

Granny Chic, the art of cosy, mixing together everything to create a home sweet home that is not clinical or contrived.  Its just home.  That's as it should be. 


  


Just having a place to call home and, although it is rented, it is ours and it is comfortable and cosy and dry and warm.  I love being here at home, within our four walls.  The more clutter we get rid of, the  more I love it. 




The fact that after so many years of doing this, there are still some of you who come to visit me each day.  I know blogging is falling out of vogue. People prefer instant things like IG.  I still love blogging however.  I love the more personal touch of it.  It started as a way to pen down my thoughts and perhaps leave a diary for my children, but it became so much more than that.  I have made some wonderful friends via this medium and I am grateful for that!  

Life is good.

A thought for you to carry with you  . . .  

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*Along my journey I have found
that the more thankful I am,
the  more I have to be
thankful about.•。★★ 。* 。


  

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Balsamic, Honey & Mustard Glazed Lamb Chops.  So tasty!  Quick and easy as well! 

Have a wonderful Monday. I hope your week ahead is all that you hope it to be and more.  Don't forget! 
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


 

2 comments:

  1. I bet you are anticipating their arrival so much and that Easter will be even more special..Yes bite the tongue..I don't think people know how long words that crushed remain crushing..Oh lala.
    Blogging is something we do for ourselves..like making our bed lol..Because it is falling out of favor big time.I look back yrs ago when I could connect w/ over 60 pople..times are changing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie~

    I'm so glad your lesson went well, I knew it would ;0)

    I love Forsythia! I have a wreath I put on my front door that is Forsythia, it's not real, but it's pretty and yellow and reminds me of spring!

    I so hope that your kids are able to get here. I'm hoping that people take enough precautions that this virus isn't as bad as it could be. My daughter and her husband are traveling to the Grand Canyon in a few weeks, and another grandson is going to Peru in a few weeks. I'm praying that they stay healthy!

    Yes, being kind is so important! I like to choose kindness, it's just the right thing to do!

    Busy day ahead for me...love you, sweet friend! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!