Tuesday 13 February 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, February 13, 2018

Outside my window ...
Windy, cold and dark, although I have noticed that the mornings are getting lighter earlier and the days are getting a bit longer. It now doesn't start to get dark until after five instead of at 4!  Yay! 

I am thinking ...
I have not had any chocolate for about two weeks now, or sugar for the most part, except what occurs naturally in things.  I am feeling better because of it, but its hard. Sugar is in practically everything.

In the kitchen ...
 

Dijon, Garlic & Herb Pork Fillet.  Quick, easy and delicious.  Healthy also.  Look at that rainbow of veg! Steamed carrots mixed with a tiny bit of mint sauce, baked sweet potato, steamed Brussel's sprouts and beetroot on the side. Fabulous.

On my "To Cook" list ... 


From Olive Tree Kitchen . . . Winter Vegetable Gratin. Looks delicious!  And I have everything in to do it. I might see if I can bring it in a bit lower in fat however . . . 

Good to know ...


Eric Lancaster, illustrator.  Some great tips for watercolourists.  

I am creating ...

Bunny Tea Cosy from Yarn, Needles & Thread on Etsy. Not free, but not expensive.  Downloadable PDF pattern.  


Pretty little baby sweater on Love Knitting, quick knit supposed to be.  By he way, Ariana is having a girl.  (Insert squeal of delight!)


DIY Fairy Gardens.  Acorn Cap mushrooms.  


Jedi Craft Girl. Tutorial for making a bread blanket from a flower sack towel.  


Free Needles embroidery from Ravenelle.  

I am reading ...


Borrowed Light, by Carla Kelly 

Julia Darling never expected to cook for some cowboys in Wyoming, but when she breaks off her engagement in Salt Lake City, it's the perfect opportunity for her to escape. Determined to stick the job out, Julia faces her biggest challenge yet - letting go of borrowed light to find her own testimony. Set in the early 1900s, this is one romantic adventure you'll never forget!

I have read this book before and am revisiting it.  I really enjoyed it the first time, and I am really enjoying it again. 

I am looking forward to ...
Getting my dishwasher back. I can't stand seeing dirty dishes in the sink, which means I am washing dishes about a bazillion times a day.  

Dreaming About ...


A bright and airy kitchen with a butchers sink and plenty of windows . . .  

  

Painted floor boards  . . . 


Garden shelves  . . . 


White on white on white  . . . 

  

Colourful edgings  . . . 

Something to watch ...


Bible videos of the Saviour's life.  We watch them on the Mormon Channel on our TV, but you can also access them here.  They are very well done and follow the Bible exactly word for word.

A Quote for the day ...

  (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Don't worry about failures.
Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try  . . . 
~Jack Canfield    ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 

Makes me smile ...


Corner's of my Kingdom ...

  

Photo I took of a painted caravan on a back lane in Llangollen, one of my favourite places to visit.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░   

  

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER
Today's reading - Mosiah 4:4-15 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? Can this be applied to you?  
 
My thoughts'Believe in God; believe that He is' - Plenty of people believe there is a God, but they don't know what their relationship to Him is,  or of His nature and goodness. I love that it says believe that 'He is'. Believe He is . . . my heavenly father who knows me and loves me perfectly. Believe He is . . .  watching over me and my family continually. Believe He is . . . working to bring me and all His children back home to Him. Believe He is . . . helping me and blessing me every single day. Believe He is . . .  loving, kind, patient, forgiving and good. Believe He is . . .  The one to put my trust in. Believe He is . . .  The one to follow and put first in my life. 
 
 King Benjamin cracks out the blessings. Humility and honesty brings the Spirit which brings joy, peace and a remission of sins. A knowledge of God's character brings trust. Belief in God leads to repentance. Humility and prayer leads to rejoicing, being FILLED (no gaps, no spaces, no empty places) with the love of God, a remission of sins, knowledge of God, a desire to live peaceably and not injure anyone physically, or emotionally, a desire to teach in righteousness. Do I desire these things, do I know this is true? "if you believe all these things see that ye do them". 
 
Tomorrow's reading (day 100) - Mosiah 4:16-30 
Talk - Jeffrey R Holland - 'Are we not all beggars?'
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? How are we all "beggars"?
 
 
Have a wonderful day. Stay safe and stay warm! Don't forget! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

 
and I do too!! 
 


11 comments:

  1. I noticed it's starting to get darker around 5 too Marie. Yay!

    That looks like a yummy dinner to eat and healthy too! That vegetable gratin looks really good too.

    Yay for Ariana she's having a girl?

    Alot of pretty finds!
    Glad you're getting your dishwasher back, although I think you deserve a new one.

    Love that quote for the day too! Going to sleep now. I'm so tired that I'm starting to feel sick!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure when we are getting it back Jan, but I hope they don't have it for too long this time, and I hope they sort it out properly this time, and if they can't I want a new one! Wahh!!! Hope you sleep well. You are up really late!!! Yes, it IS a girl! yay! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! We've been noticing the lengthening light too--HOORAY! We had another big dump of snow at the weekend again though, so spring is still far away... LOL! I think sometimes we eat too much sugar, thoug it is probably lower than average for most. Still I know that I feel better and brighter when I eat less sugar. Why do we crave sugar so much? Ooo... that plate with all the veg and herby pork looks delicious! How CUTE is that bunny tea cozy??!! Bread blanket--that's a new-to-me expression. Bread does need to be kept cozy to stay warm. ;) Your currently reading sounds very good--adding to my list! I like the western theme, and the Mormon twist. Those floral painted floor boards are wonderful! Hope all goes well with the dishwasher fix--and that is IS fixed! Wishing you a beautiful and blessed week, my friend...LOVE YOU LOTS! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the book Tracy, there are actually two in the series and they are excellent reading. I think sugar is a drug and we eat far too much of it. I am at the point now where I can smell it in the grocery store, especially when you walk down the cookies and cakes aisle, and interestingly enough the cereal aisle. wishing you love and a week filled with blessings. Love you lots also! So grateful for our friendship! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, lovely day book. I am behind again as I've had this flu virus thats been doing the rounds. It certainly knocked me off my feet! I will probably stay in for a couple more days as it looks cold and wet outside!

    Hope you and Todd are both well. Lot's of love xxx

    P.S. A brand new dishwasher sounds better than a repaired one, fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Kate, I am so sorry you have come down with this bug. I really hope you feel better soon. Sending you love and hugs and healing wishes! xoxo

      Delete
  4. It would be a good weather. To get rid of sugar is a very vast task. But it is good for health to reduce the intake of sugar.
    Healthy veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In looking at your Pins on Pinterest..I noticed all the baby girl things and thought..:"It's a Girl!"..You are going to make the cutest things ever..I am happy for you..very..babies are a fountain of youth.

    Love that litte tea cozy..I seem to be constantly pinning them;)
    Good tips on the watercolor..she tells it like anna mason..let layers dry etc..I still like bleeds;)
    Hope you like the latest book you ordered..did you get it..she blends differently..
    LOVE the floorboards..I know someone who paints that beautifully a local girl..Bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes Monique, I have been pinning things to make for baby girls like crazy, lol. I hope that I can make at least one or two of them! Like you, I sometimes find that bleeds can turn into something special, so long as it's not mud, lol. I did a bit of painting today, more on the pear. It is looking good now I think. Sometimes you just have to walk away and then go back a while later. I did get the book. I think most artists have their own techniques and what works for them. I love learning how everyone does it. I bet you could do a lovely tutorial! Like you, I am tea cosy crazy! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  6. Yes, the longer days mean spring is coming. We are suppose to get a snow tonight.
    The food looks good and I liked the first dish and it does look healthy. I need more healthy options.
    The baby sweater is so cute and the other items. I'm sure you will be making something sweet for the new little one.
    I have seen the book and perhaps I will read it and suggest it to a book club I go to when I can. I love this era of stories.
    I loved the decor photos. I really like light and bright rooms. I liked the painted floors a lot.
    The Bible videos are so good. We use them in lessons and on our mission.
    The quotes were fun and lovely.
    Great thoughts on believing in our loving Heavenly Father. My sweet husband just spent time with a young man that we worked with while on our mission that just can't see or feel God's love for him. He has some emotionaly problems but it is so sad. How grateful I am for my knowledge that I have a loving Heavenly Father that loves me and all.
    Blessings, love and hugs being sent yuor way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Spring LeAnn! Its waiting to jump on stage, and it won't be long now. Already when the sun shines it has a special warmth! You would love the books. They are really fabulous! It makes me sad that there are people who cannot see or feel God's love for them. It really does. Love you my dear friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!