Friday 16 October 2015

My Friday Finds . . .

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg


A few of the wow moments and things that I find each week that tickle my fancy. They might even tickle yours.


 photo 61a9f5b78836d6738ed80505d06ddc34_zps7nskew40.jpg

I love these folded felt gift boxes.   They are simple and easy to make.  Found on Curbly.  The possibilities for using these are endless.

 photo cf802d1780ff54460745a9736dcd48d6_zps0llpjdap.jpg

Now this is something I would never have thought of doing, but will do now!  Stamping on felt and then colouring in with markers!  Genius!   From Side Oats and Scribbles.  This is one of those things you just want to smack your forehead and say, "Now why didn't I think of that!"


 photo c105ef75cfad181253e9a5f3cfad2f0b_zpsdnusis3p.jpg

DIY Spoon Ring, on You Tube.

 photo dc22594ccbbaa061985cf6c81ff39c01_zpsdxetb2il.jpg

How to print on Wax Paper from Picklee.  You can then transfer onto other surfaces!

 photo d4c87af7055d688cdd0770ab309dcc34_zpst5ogfn1e.jpg

From Old Things New, how to slip cover an old padded bench or footstool.  I wouldn't necessarily pick this fabric, but the principle is sound.

 photo how-to-add-images-to-candles-christmas-decorations-crafts-seasonal-holiday-decor_zpsgjeosbfs.jpg

From HomeTalk, how to turn plain white candles into a fab home accessory.  It's so simple!  These would make beautiful gifts.

 photo 4f1ea7226b58f7cf344055121884fb6a_zpsv148h0ec.jpg

How to do a shabby chic background for paintings, photos, etc.  Found on Ingvild Bolm, My Paper Art Studio.

 photo c192d3d925d285cf57144f9ca134f0f0_zpsdzalvyer.jpg

From Stephanie Brown Designs, how to transfer text onto a canvas using an ink jet printout.  Fabulous!  I am so going to try this.

 photo 19d301a055ab2f21246ea98a9b877b7d_zpsrx34typy.jpg

Bracelets made from Lace and Doilies.  Style Diaries.

 photo 53b4068a3ac051458788a85f6b18191b_zps60zo4r6p.jpg

Beautiful ways to repurpose old books.  There is everything from book marks to a fashionable clutch here.  Just Imagine

And that's it for this week.  I hope you found something amongst this lot that you can use!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
Life is like a camera
You focus on what's important
Capture the good times
Develop from the negatives
And if things don't work out,
Take another shot  . . . 
~unknown
✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿

 photo DSCN3565_zpsoimkawlz.jpg 

There's a delicious Cauliflower, Green Bean and Tomato Salad brewing in The English Kitchen today!  Healthy Healthy!


Have a fab Friday! Hope it's a nice one for you. Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


5 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Is it Friday already?! LOL... Sweet little felt box at the top. And I love that idea of stamping on felt--I never thought of that either! VERY nice tutorial for shabby backgrounds for painting/art. VERY pretty lacy/fiber bracelets! And FUN idea with the old books... BEAUTIFUL salad idea today, too! So much enjoying your super-healthy recipes--thank you! Hope all of you there have a lovely weekend now. :o) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy! So nice to see your comment as always! The weeks are just whizzing by! I am glad you found something useful here. Happy Days! Love and big hugs right back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazes me how many wonderful ideas people come up with. You always have something new to share. That salad looks very good. Hope you have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie..I have worn my baby spoon ring since I am 16..there was a jewelry maker..and he did it for me.Never take it off..I never do.
    This is one of my fave Friday Findsof yours..that background..so much interesting info..love the pouf cover too.
    The old books so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pam! It amazes me too! I love finding these new things. I know I will never in a lifetime have the time or means to do even a portion of them, but I keep thinking that someone might! Have a fab Friday! xoxo

    How lovely Monique! I never thought of having my baby spoon made into a ring. I may give it a go! Hope your Friday is a good one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!