Thursday 8 October 2015

Five Things About Me . . .


 photo Grade1Awards.jpg

This is a photo of me at the school year awards ceremony at the end of the year when I was in Grade one.   I am the second from the left, wearing the saddle shoes.   That tall girl next to me is my best friend, Susan Warburton.  I can't quite remember the name of the girl to my immediate right, but the girl at the far right end is Eileen Sargeant.  She came to visit me when we lived down in Brenchley.  We hadn't seen each other since we were ten.  I named my eldest daughter after her, because Eileen had always been the smartest prettiest girl in the class.   My teacher that year was Miss Beizek.  I remember really liking her.  That's her handing out the awards.  So why am I showing this to you.   I am showing it to you because it is Five Things About Me Thursday and this is all a part of my first thing.  I hate competing. I have never liked it.  If I am playing a game, as soon as it becomes highly competitive, I want to quit.     Don't get me wrong, I do like winning . . .  but where there are winners, there are always losers and I think everyone should be a winner.  Because I think it's not the place you finish that really counts . . .  but the finishing.


 photo copyright little princess_zpsnu2zado7.jpg

I always put my best into anything I do.   It doesn't matter if I am cleaning the loo, or baking a cake, or doing whatever.   I have always believed that anything worth doing is worth doing to the best of your ability, and so I do my best . . .  in all things.

 photo copyrightfaith_zps773b549f.jpg

My faith is one of the most important things in my life.  It is very much a part of who I am.  My life is defined by it.  Oh sure . . .  I may also be wife, mother, sister, daughter, artist, cook, etc.  But they are not who I am so much as the fact that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.  The rest are all sub compartments of the first.  And I am better at them because of the first.  Not sure if that makes sense to you or not, but it certainly does to me.


 photo Thankful_zpsf6013e04.jpg

I am a grateful person and try not to take anything that I am, have etc. for granted.   I know and believe that there . . .  but for the Grace of God . . . . go I.   I always see my cup as being half full, not half empty.  I may struggle sometimes to do it, but I have been able to find the silver lining in all of my clouds.  Maybe I just haven't been truly tested yet, I don't know. But I believe an attitude of gratitude makes life much happer and better.


 photo copyrightLouisaMayAlcott_zpse7b5d245.jpg

I try to find the beauty and good in everything and everyone.   It can sometimes be difficult or hard to find, but I believe it is there and you can find it if you are determined enough and willing enough to work at finding it.  I don't believe that anyone ever sets out to be bad, or to do poorly.  It just happens somewhere along the way.   Perhaps they have had one knock too many in life  . . .  or they just get tired . . .  whatever the reason, I believe there is a core of beauty to be found in all things . . .  even the seemingly bad.  Patience is its own reward.  Something good can and will come from everything in the end, even if it is only a hard lesson learned.  If that makes me a Pollyanna, then so be it.  I am a Pollyanna and happy to be one.

And that's my five things about me for this week!  Are you bored yet?  Probably!

 photo 12096226_10153522698815546_8458948172709754120_n_zps7dcwadgl.jpg

Guess whose mommy was graduating?  Yep that is Maryn, modeling my daughters mortar board.  Cutest little graduate ever I think  . . . but then again I may be a bit biased!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
Nobody minds having
what is too good for them.
~Jane Austen
 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

 photo DSCN3513_zpsr1bqrxjz.jpg

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  100% Whole Wheat Biscuits. Delicious and healthy!

Have a wonderful Thursday. Hope the sun shines and you find joy in all the moments of your day. Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


4 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    How is Todd and how did your number go?

    I foudn myself nodding along with the competing thing. I get you completely. All fun goes out of everything when things become serious. My favourite board game memory was a long, long Monopoly game. My brother, my cousin and I played for days. When we ran out of money we manufactured more. When we were broke. We became outrageous cheats and theives. We egged each other on and on. In the end we wound the game up and I have a lovely memory of pure enjoyment.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of your granddaughter is adorable. I agree that attitude is everything ! Hope you have a great day ! Happy Thursday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved competing in spelling bees in class..half lined up on one side..half on the other..
    The only competive game I loved.
    Swim team..mehh..too much pressure in relays..and then I was a teen.
    No interest in competition..even at work w/ awards and things..I went only once ..and stayed home after that.
    Any type..even blogs..crafts..art..I don't like it.
    Just want to be.
    I wish I had apic of me at that age in school!:)
    I remember you showing us..so cute!

    The biscuits are perfect!
    And yes the mini grad is adorb:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd is a bit better, but still very weak. He has been struggling to find the energy to go up stairs. So not like him, but each day sees things getting a bit better. To be honest most of the time I forget he is 77 years old. God bless your day also Suzan, or most likely night or tomorrow morning by now! Xoxo

    Thanks Pam! I hope you have a great day also! Xoxo

    Oh, I did love spelling bees also Monique! I had forgotten about them! I love anything to do with words! I just think that most people put their all into things and I hate to see them feeling inadequate if they don't get recognised! I've been working on felt or its for the grandkids today and thinking of you! ( them too of course!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!