Tuesday 4 August 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, August 4, 2015

Outside my window ...
It is overcast and gloomy.  Very cold and windy too.   Where has summer gone?

I am thinking ...
Yesterday afternoon we went to a BBQ that all the missionaries in the zone were having.  There must have been 20 young people between the ages of 18 and 21.  They were very well behaved.   No swearing.  No alcohol.  They were having a great time.   Just enjoying each other's company without any sex or violence.  They cleaned up after themselves, did all the cooking themselves.   It was great!  I have always admired these young people, but even more so now that I am getting to work with them and spend time with them on a more regular basis.  These youngsters are exemplary.

I am thankful for ...
I was thinking this morning.  I am just living the most amazing life.  That is not to say it is without sorrows or problems.  No life is without those.  I am just saying it is an amazing life, and I am so very grateful for that!

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN2578_zpsdvlfesbp.jpg

 Cinnamon Cream French Toast.   This is fabulous and even if you make only the Cinnamon Cream Syrup you will be glad you did.  It would be great with pancakes too.

On my "To Cook" list ...
 photo 7f408cdbb4d3b275408f2222c9dec3a2_zpswaek7br3.jpg

This Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Rice from BHG looks simply amazing!

I am creating ...
I am working on a little project now, but it will take me a while to finish it and before I can tell you about it, (It has nothing to do with my artwork)but in the meantime  . . .

 photo 0204c125a45d1051aa18fc7e0136910a_zpskaefnavo.jpg

This Terra Cotta Birdbath is so cute!  I love it!  From My CreativiT.

 photo 3ced7e859b6cfe7e4a54ced474d0aff1_zpsqueipjuw.jpg

DIY Yarn Carrots.   Wouldn't kids love playing with these?  From Home Work.

 photo a86cb85d80aaeb3f498aa421862d4c05_zpsenkhqpgj.jpg

I love, LOVE this cute everyday wreath!  My So Called Crafty Life.

 photo IMG_0532-copy_599x600_zpsa2ef1xew.jpg

DIY Sweet Hanky Bracelets.   Again from My So Called Crafty Life.  These are so lovely!

This is a really wonderful page.  There is a virtual wealth of crafty projects on this page. You will be utterly amazed!

I am reading ...
   photo 91f853a0-a0f4-0131-5976-0a254d282c98_zpsexjdehm3.jpg

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, by Muriel Spark

I had seen the film a long time ago but never read the book it was based on. In 1930s Edinburgh, six ten-year-old girls, Sandy, Rose, Mary, Jenny, Monica, and Eunice are assigned Miss Jean Brodie, who describes herself as being "in my prime," as their teacher. Miss Brodie, determined that they shall receive an education in the original sense of the Latin verb educere, "to lead out," gives her students lessons about her personal love life and travels, promoting art history, classical studies, and fascism. Under her mentorship, these six girls whom Brodie singles out as the elite group among her students—known as the "Brodie set"—begin to stand out from the rest of the school. However in one of the novel's typical flash-forwards we learn that one of them will later betray Brodie, ruining her teaching career, but that she will never learn which. This novel takes these same girls through to age 17.

Fascinating read.(I am such a slow reader.  I only read at night when I get into bed and I am falling asleep after ten minutes.)

I am hoping ...
I have a ton of things to get done today.  August Newsletter for the Ward.  Talk for Sunday morning.  Visits with my Missionary Work, and I want to get some cooking in too.  I hope, Hope, HOPE I can get it all done!

Makes me smile ...
 photo 62bef07dd6556fc538c9fff6e6f0fb85_zpsfcj6smwf.jpg
source James Polk

This pile of puppies just makes me smile. So sweet. Sigh . . .I remember when Mitze was that size and age.   So cute.  (She still is.)

 photo birthday008.jpg

Sigh  . . .

I am learning ...
This week just focusing on studying the scriptures.

Around the house ...
A wish list.

 photo 88cd8ab858f9a10ad26ba8b053d52825_zpswiptr8f4.jpg

A pretty bath to lay back and relax in.

 photo 81d7b1787a04ef958b3a8ddabda531a3_zpswewqlpzb.jpg

Cabbage Rose Bedding  . . .

 photo bdc0885ac492dcd6cf85741c5754d52f_zpsjqwwyugh.jpg

Lacy pillow slips  . . .

 photo 5c92fa9e59cd99036682caa24e3941b6_zps7ahd5yeu.jpg

A cute cottage kitchen . . .

 photo bbf69a490bde27195673bf0f19950b62_zpshzwmsncv.jpg

A country porch to sit on and an old rocking chair to sit in . . .

I am pondering ...
The speed at which time seems to be passing.  Is it just me or does time seem to be speeding up?

A favourite quote for the day ...
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~
    ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
     (¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“`* .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Joy is the Holy fire 
       that keeps our purpose warm 
                 and our intelligence aglow. 
                           ~Helen Keller 


One of my favourite things ...
 photo 38ecb9c0519c60ccfc6451d6e70a97e4_zps761u8dbp.jpg
(source A Cuppa and A Catchup)

Needlebooks and Pin Keeps.  I Love them.

A peek into my day ...
 photo ca38c705aa2645f23276ff89d4215f2f_zpsgisu7sww.jpg

When I'm not doing missionary work, cooking, cleaning  . . .  this time of year I'm in the garden.

And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 And I do too!!

 

8 comments:

  1. Morning Marie, You look like you are going to have a busy day ahead.Thanks you as always for taking time to look up all these delightful ages for us to look at. I always enjoy that and dream...yes usually its just a dream of making ever so many things..I say to myself..."oh that looks easy I coudl make that for so and so"and on it goes do I ever actually do anything...rarely LOL....Today I am going into BAth to teh Royal United Hospital to meet Mary there and be with her to see the Dr to see if her shoulder is good enough to start doing exercise with it and then hopefully they can find a way to get her walking again and then home..no idea how long that is going to be but with all the prayers that have urrounded her I am sure she will be home soon....may be problems ahead with that....but ....we can only look at thing sone day at a time.
    Try not to do to much today Marie take rests inbetween working ! same to Todd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. How I love many of the images and ideas you share with us. I a glad that the young ones enjoyed their together time and worked at there food and clean up too. It is never much fun for the one who does it all and many hands make light work.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems there is never a dull moment for you. The days do go faster and faster here. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound very zen:) Love tat.

    Loads of cute things..
    You DO have a cute country kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue to keep Mary in my prayers Sybil. I have the same dreams Sybil, of making this and making that. Not enough hours in the day! Xxoo

    God bless you too Suzan! These young people are pretty special in my books! Xoxo

    You have a terrific Tuesday too Pam! Life is good when it is filled with things that give you a purpose! Xoxo

    Thanks Monique! I have my moments. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound very busy and happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, all of these things make me swoon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Laura! ☺ xoxo

    Great minds Valerie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!