Thursday, 30 July 2026

My Favorite Things . . .

 



Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens . . . these are some of the things in life that I enjoy, and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Let's share!


 

Farm markets  . . . especially during fresh vegetable season.


 

Spindle beds  . . . 


 

Homemade jam  . . . 


 

A thatched roof and a cottage garden  . . . 


 

Fresh air  . . . 


 

A deep sink  . . . 


 


Fresh plums  . . . 


 

A good fresh loaf and plenty of butter   . . . 


 

This  . . . 


 

Cinnamon buns  . . . 


 

Country church architecture . . . 


 

Viaducts  . . . 


 


A bucket full of posies  . . . 


 

Love, love, love  . . . 

 

Red barns  . . .  rail fences  . . .  and wild flowers  . . . 


 

Candle light  . . . 


 

A well set table  . . . 


 

Nature  . . . it fascinates me.


 

Old book covers  . . . 


 

Outdoor water pumps  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week. I guess I just like pretty pictures of pretty things  . . . 


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The strength of your spirit
is not measured by the storms
you avoid, but by the way
you rise with grace and courage
through them.
~Dede Hawkins   

Nova Scotia Hodge Podge


I'm sharing an old Nova Scotia recipe in the EK today. Traditional Nova Scotia Hodge Podge.  A much beloved Maritime classic, created by using fresh, young summer vegetables . . .  carrots, beans, peas, new potatoes, cauliflower, etc. in a creamy buttery broth. Simple and delicious.

I hope you have a lovely day today. It's raining heavily here today, and that's not a bad thing. We need the rain. I just wish it didn't make it so dark in my house. Oh well!  Whatever you get up to today, I hope it brings you peace and joy. Don't forget!
═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   

6 comments:

  1. I like the sound f the rain..third day in a row..although gardens love it it makes all the spent parts look miserable..I need to be cutting things back but working in humidity not may fave.You always find pretties//

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I just love pretty things! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love going to farm stands and buying fresh veggies, so much better than what is in the grocery stores. It's very cloudy here, but no rain in forecast. Hae a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually the produce you can find at the farm stands this time of year is far superior to that which is found in the shops! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I think my favorite of all those photos is the apricots. I seldom eat them but I enjoy them when I do and they have such a glorious color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love apricots. You don't often see them here. Not even tinned. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!