Friday 11 August 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 
 
A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!    
 
 
From Love Knitting.  A Cornish Ware Tea Cosy.  Not free, but not expensive either. I love Cornish Ware.  
 
 


Free Tutorial on colouring with Copic Markers.



Pattern Paradise, Butterscotch Cowl Scarf.  Love this pattern, but not so much the colour.  Free pattern. 


Bobble Stick Bag by Maria Isabel on Ravelry. Not a free pattern, but a cute bag. 


Crochet 'n' Create.  Free tutorial on the Boxed Block Stitch.  I've never seen this stitch before.


Meg Made with Love.  Free pattern for a plaid pumpkin. Fall is just around the corner.  


I don't drink coffee but many do, make or order with confidence. 

  

How to transition your home decor easily from summer into autumn. BHG helps. 





Mantle and Table How to throw a Jane Austen Tea Party.  Love this idea. 




The Tee Pee Girl.  Free Jane Austin Quote Printables.   These are so beautiful. 


On the Cutting Floor.  Free dress pattern.  


Sew Different. Cocoon Jacket. Available as either a paper pattern or a download. Not free.  I quite like this however. A Multi-size pattern. 


On the Cutting Floor.  I also like this easy flared sleeves top.  


Happily Unprocessed.  This looks delicious!  


 Painting Inspiration . . . 


Making it in the Mountains. A host of free botanical printables.  


Bob Villa. How to paint Kitchen Cabinets.  


Setting for Four.  Autumn Mantle Ideas.  


Pillar Box Blue, Free Printable Vintage Maps.  


Spoon Graphics.  Free Printable Postcards. 

  

Yarnhild.  Scrap yarn dishcloth. Free pattern. 





Little House of Four.  How to turn dollar tree glass jars into little green apples. Cute!  




Skip to my Lou.  Have a friend you want to give a special thank you to??  Free printable tags.  



Average but Inspired.  Little bud vases made from Salt and Pepper Shakers!  



Easy Wool.  Free pattern for the Harper Cardigan. 



I love this one also.  On Ravelry.  Not free, but not overly expensive.  The pattern that is.  




An Allie Event.  Butterfy Shaped Tea Sandwiches.  Cute!  

And those are my Friday Finds for this week. I hope there was something of interest for you!

Terrible storms and flooding in Ottawa yesterday and the fires in BC and Maui, so sad. What dangerous and uncertain times we are living in. My heart and prayers go out to all who are affected by these events. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
If you think you are 
too small to make a difference,
try sleeping with a mosquito
in the room.
~Dalai Lama  •。★★ 。* 。 


 



In The English Kitchen today, Chicken Tikka Alfredo.  Its a curry, but not as  you know it.  Small batch as well. This was really delicious and not that complicated to make. Simple really.

I hope that you have a fabulous Friday!  Be happy and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 






6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful day too Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of nice ideas...the link for the tutorial for the markers however is not working. The quiche looks so yummy...wish I could still eat cheese!! It is pure shocking about Maui...in fact, it is unbelievable that 4 fires occured about the same time and destroyed Lahaina. We used to live in Hawaii when Hubby was in Navy, and we went to Maui once...and yes took photos under that historic banyon tree in Lahaina. I was shocked at how dry it looked on the island...it was always green everywhere we went those 3 years we lived in Hawaii.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I have sorted the link now I think. I think we can blame global warming for all of this chaos in our climates with the fires and floods, etc. How lovely that you got to live in Hawaii, it must be twice as sad for you to see this happening! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love Cornishware..Have my mom;s sugar thing.I think it's that.Tried making a tea cozy not sure it turned out great:) That quiche looks good! Leaves starting here too:( I had a latte with a sweet friend yesterday a heart on top:) I loved it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cornishware too. I should have gotten some when I lived over there! Its so nice to get together with friends. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!