Tuesday 6 March 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook ...


 

FOR TODAY, March 6, 2018

Outside my window...
Can you believe it is light already and the birds are signing.  Admittedly I am a bit later this morning. I didn't get up until a quarter to six and I had my morning chores to do first, but yay, its not dark! And, the birds ARE singing!

I am thinking ...
The new dishwasher arrived safe and sound and Todd got the old one out of the house and installed the new one. I had to help him a bit to get all of the packaging off the new one, but we did it!  Did a test wash (empty to get it set up) and then in the afternoon did a full load. It pops itself open at the end. Yay! Its exactly the same as the old one, but a newer model and with a few more features.  I am so happy with it! 

In the kitchen ...

Cappellini with a Spicy Tomato Sauce.  And I also brought garlic bread. 

On my "To Cook" list ...


Aubergine, Tomato & Mushroom Bake from Simply Delicious.  This looks fabulous!!

Good to know ...


The best tools for Spring Cleaning from Clean Mama.   

I am creating ...


Easter Egg Cosies.  Cute.  From Make Do Menders. A free pattern. 


Ramona Cardigan.  A Simple knit cardigan from Elizabeth Smith on Ravelry. Not free, but not expensive either.  I love the simplicity of this.


Bluebird of Happiness.  A free pattern by Sara Elizabeth Kellner.  


Patchwork Pottery. Tea Bag Sachets.  A great gift/party favor for your next tea party!  


Inspiration only for pin cushions on wooden thread reels, from Stitch Galore.  

I am reading ...
 

Enduring Light, by Carla Kelly.
(This is the sequel to Borrowed Light.)
Before you read this book, I would highly recommend that you read the first book, Borrowed Light. I highly recommend you read the first book before reading this one. This is a fun, clean romance. Julia is marrying the man that she desperately loves, Paul. She is recovering from a near death experience, she was burned badly on her neck and chest and doesn't think that Paul should be saddled with a deformed wife. He sets her straight and the wedding moves forward as planned. He is a rancher in Wyoming and the climate is tough. The ranch is remote and he is dealing with religious prejudice from his neighbors. He has joined the Mormon Church and many do not like it and want to stop their business dealings with him. This book deals with some issues, religious prejudice, insecurity, deceit, and of course, lots of love. I loved this book the first time I read it and am loving re-visting it.

Looking forward to ... 

There is a Relief Society Activity on Friday evening.  I am hoping that I can make it to it. It sounds like fun. I just don't like going out at night.  And we have to do our turn at cleaning the chapel on Saturday, so I want to be well rested for that.

Dreaming About ...


Fresh paint colours  . . . 

  

Pussy willows  . . . 

 

Bumble Bees  . . .  


Picket fences  . . . 


Coloured yarns  . . . 

Something to Watch ...


Flower Drum Song.  Yes, its old and a bit corny now, but it is also sweet and wonderful.  Roger's & Hammerstein.  You can't beat them. 

A Quote for the Day ...

(¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
But the most beautiful things in life are not just things,
They are people and places, memories and pictures,
They're feelings and moments, and smiles and laughter.
           ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  

Makes me smile ...


Bunny noses  . . .  soft and innocent.  Adorable.

Corner's of my kingdom ...

 

Horse Guards on the Mall . . .  up from Buckingham Palace.  Storm Emma 2018. Some places were still digging out yesterday and they were having to hand out bottled water to people in some areas as the freezing and then thawing of the water mains meant burst pipes all over the place.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░   

 

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER 

Today's reading - Mosiah 15:10-31 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? Who does it say are Christ's seed? 

Thoughts - The importance of my repentance in God's plan is jumping out at me today! 'It is important to understand that the Saviour does not erase the demands of justice but stands between justice and us. IF WE REPENT, He satisfies justice’s demands by taking the punishment in our behalf.' I know I can be blind to the things I need to repent of. After the reading today I felt the need to ask more specifically in my prayers for help as I go through my day. To ask that the Spirit will prick my heart to know when to repent. To recognise when I need to stop or start doing something and when i need to change my thoughts words & actions. It has made a difference already & it's only 7:30am!
 
• all the holy prophets • those who have hearkened to the prophets • those who have believed in the Lord as their Redeemer • those who have repented • those who teach the true gospel of Jesus Christ • also anyone who dies without gospel knowledge, who would've accepted it • little children. These are Christ's seed. There is a big warning here for those who go on in the ways of rebellion, and I don't have to concern myself with that because The Lord is the judge and He knows who's hearts are truly hard to Him and who use their will to not be saved. 
 
Tomorrow's reading (Day 115) - Mosiah 16:1-15 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? What do these verses teach about agency and the justice of God? 
 
 
 
Have a great Tuesday!  May it be richly blessed with all that you are in need of.  Don't forget!
  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 
And I do too! 
 
 

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! It's lovely being up with the lark these days, and there's more brightness and light! So glad you finally got a new dishwarhers sorted--and that it works! Such good food...mmm...That Ramona Cardigan is wonderful! I've been looking around for an easy cardi to knit--like the classic, time-less details fo this one! So many nice craftie projects here today... Oh, I started reading Enduring Light at the weekend--soooo GOOD--just love this story of Julia and Paul! How cute that bunny nose... And what a beautiful scene from London--the Horse Guards in the snow!! We've seen about all the crazy winter weather there in the UK... Hope everyone is keeping warm and safe! Happy new week, my sister-friend--LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy! We have been really lucky here where we live, not too much disruption but very cold. Spring is springing however. Love you lots too! ((((hugs)))) xoxo

      PS - so pleased you are enjoying the story of Julia and Paul! She is a great writer!

      Delete
  2. These longer days are wonderful as are the birds. Here we have another round of snowy days coming our way. So glad the dishwasher arrived and is in good working order !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! I am enjoying it! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Yay on the dishwasher! and an automatic door opener..

    Just saw Iris Apfel on TV..we should be so spry at 96! Amazing.

    Lots of cutie things here Mari.Always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I would love to be 96 and that spry also, so not the reality for many people. God bless! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie!

    It sounds lovely in the UK...we got 5 inches of snow over the week-end! I'm such a lazy bones, but, I'll bet you can get a lot of work done in the morning! So happy about your new dishwasher, and I love that it opens when it's done, how wonderful.

    I sure did love all the fun ideas and cute projects today, so lovely, and they all remind me of Spring.

    I don't usually go to the RS activities, like you, I don't like to go out at night. Although I always enjoy RS when I go!

    When I was a girl, we had a Pussy Willow tree outside of our back door, it was wonderful, I just love those fuzzy little buds! I haven't seen Pussy Willows in years!

    That yarn is gorgeous! I'm always afraid to buy really expensive yarn, in case I mess up. But, I know it truly makes a difference in the way your piece will look. My Niece is having a baby boy, and I would love to make her a really nice little blanket, I may even use good yarn... ;0)

    Is there anything cuter than a bunny's nose?!

    I would love to see the Horse Guard on the Mall! They just look so royal!!

    Again, wonderful thoughts on the BOM. We are all God's seeds, some good and some bad, and you are right, God does know what is in our heart.

    Have a good day, sweet friend. I hope you are feeling better! XOXOX

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks always for your sweet comment Barb! I hope that you have been able to shake that cold finally and that you are feeling a lot better! Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!