Thursday 8 September 2016

Raindrops on Roses . . .

 

These are a few of my favourite things . . .

 

Plain white dishes.   I Love them.  Plates, bowls, side dishes, gravy boats, etc.   I think white is the perfect colour for dishware.

 
(source)

Homemade Christmas scent.   When I had a wood stove this was often on the top to give the house that beautiful Christmas baking smell.  I love the smell of baking spices and Christmas.   Now I use candles.

 

Red and white.  White and red.   Next to blue and white, or white and blue, these are my favourite colours.

 

Victoria Magazine.  In fact I remember this exact one.  I used to buy it every month along with Country Living.  The pages were filled with dreams . . .

 

Plaid wool blankets and throws  . . .  home sweet home  . . .

 

China cups and saucers  . . . .  everything tastes better in a real China Cup.   I love the sound of the spoon gently hitting the sides of the cup and then being placed on the saucer.   I love the genteelness of the whole exercise.   Pinkies up!

 

Cut glass perfume atomizers.  I have one that Todd bought me for Christmas one year.  There is no perfume in it.  It drives Mitzie crazy if I squeeze the bulb and point it in her direction.   She tries to catch the air. lol

 

Monograms, especially on linens . . .

 

Climbing roses . . .  they used to climb up the walls next to our back door at the cottage when we lived there.  So very pretty  . . .

 

Glass walled conservatories.   They are a pain in the arse to keep clean though.  I know because I used to have to clean the one attached to the kitchen when I worked at the manor.  UGH.  Pretty to look at however  . . .



 Forget me nots  . . .  so delicate . . .  so blue . . .  I love them, but for some odd reason have never managed to be able to get them to grow  . . .

 

Lace curtains  . . . .

 

Cooling pies  . . . .

 

Summer's bounty all caught up in glass  . . .

 

Tascha Tudor . . .  her art, her lifestyle, etc.

 

Discovering a good book and getting stuck into it  . . .

 

Jo Malone Cologne . . . its my favourite.  My most favorite of all the scents is Pomegranate Noir, but I also adore Blue Agava . . . . 

Each of you, my invisible friends.  I love you to bits and bits and bits.

A thought to carry with you through the day . . .

⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
One day all your children will
have is pictures of you.  
Make sure you are in them.  
No matter what your hair looks like, 
your makeup or your body, 
they won't care about
any of that, they'll just want
to see you . . . . 
~Unknown
⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰

Spiritual Enlightenment



Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . .  Swede and Potato Soup.  Delicious!

I hope that you have a wonderful Thursday! Be happy and be blessed! Don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!


6 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. I wish you a very good day with lots of love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzan. Same to you and yours. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true about pictures...I have some of my loved ones that I treasure, but rarely am I in one. I guess I really should make an effort to be in them. Hope your Thursday is a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not in very many photos with my children either Pam! I was always the photographer. Sad but true. Hope you have a lovely Thursday also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to check out Joe Malone:)

    I always wondered about a greenhouse/conservatory..we did our main windows yesterday and the day befoere.. J does outside w/ a hose I do inside..it means washing sills..everything..moving "stuff"..I used to do the whole house in one day..LOL Times are a changin..anyways we stopped at noon because we were in a heatwave..of course it rained yesterday aft..so my clean car and clean windows are no longer how they were..Murphy's Law..

    Ther is one conseravtory..one street over on a very private huge lot..GLORIOUS Marie..a true English one..w/ architectural details etc..I loved seeing the woman..our age..at the Sat brocante early morning..she passed away this winter:(

    I like blue and white red and white..too:)
    Your soup looks divine..I had no interent this AM..well off and on..because of our 6 hour power outage yesterday..:(
    So yes ta soupe est ravissante avec la déco:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder why it is that so few people make soup these days. When I was a child my mother had very little money but there always seemed to be a bowl of thick soup with a thick slice of bread for dipping to fill us up. It's very sad to see and hear so many young mothers buying ready meals, fish n chips all at a terrible expense just because they have never been taught how to save a small fortune making a pot of soup...Pam, my friend was just saying that EVERY day a young mother trails along to the chip shop opposite to where Pam lives, and buys a HUGE bag of chips comes out tears the bag in pieces and gives one each to her 4/5 children all under 5 ...Pam always wants to go and show her how to really feed her wee ones cheaply and with nutritional Vegs...very sad......anyway been a nice day down here had the tea and chat at church rhis morning not quite so many around 14 I think but they certainly were enjoying themselves....nice quiet afternoon sat out a while but it is ever so windy..thankfully still warm...night night God Bless. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!