Thursday, 6 August 2026

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens . . . these are some of the things in life that I enjoy, and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Let's share!


 


Ginger cats. No surprise there I'm sure! I just think they have very engaging personalities.



 


Vintage mixing bowls. Mom had one just like this  . . . 


 

Fresh beans. Green, yellow, any kind. I got some the other day that look dark purple but when cooked are a deep green. Very tasty, all of them.


 


Pretty cups and saucers  . . . 


 


Dining al fresco  . . .  this looks like a lovely spot.



 

Flowery curtains  . . . .


 

Flowery dresses  . . . 


 


Fresh Raspberries  . . . . 


Raspberry Celebration Cake


Raspberry Celebration Cake.  I used to make one of these for my birthday every year when I lived in the U.K. It is a really delicious cake. Studded with fresh raspberries and filled with buttercream and raspberry preserves.  It's a stunner.



 

Old barns  . . . 




 


Fresh peaches  . . . 


 

Fresh plums  . . . . 


 


Pink roses  . . .  so pretty  . . . 


 


Small sea shells  . . . 


 

Blueberry Bakes  . . . 


 


Indian corn  . . . 


 

Waffles  . . . 

 

The gift of a sunrise every morning. What's not to love?  Magical  . . . 


 

Peek-a-boo  . . .  my heart melts  . . . 


 

I love this coverlet  . . .  and the lamp.


 

Sunflowers  . . . 


 

Pottery mugs  . . . 



 


Misty mornings  . . . 

And each of you. Thank you for being here. You are appreciated.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*You are not going to master the rest 
of your life in one day. Just relax.
Master the day. Then just keep doing
that every day.


Aunt Betty's Fruit Cobbler



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Aunt Betty's Old Fashioned Fruit Cobbler. Simple to make. Using larder ingredients.  Fabulous served warm with some vanilla ice cream on top. You can make it using any fruit filling you like.  I used Strawberry Rhubarb. This is some delicious!

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday. We had a heat warning in effect for the third day in a row.  Best to stay indoors in the cool and keep hydrated.  Whatever you get up to, stay safe! Don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   


4 comments:

  1. Love shells, have a big collection. Fresh food from farmers markets is so delicious at this time of year. Just had my last peach this morning, made my mouth water while cutting it, and the smell! So delicious. Stay cool today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely favorites here, I agree. My mother’s name was Betty, she was amazing, you don’t hear that name much anymore. I send best wishes for a delightful day, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and one of my favourite things is reading your journal ! 💐😀🕊️

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful favourites today, Marie. All your kindred spirits will love them, too. Your fruit cobbler looks delicious. Perfect way to enjoy all the beautiful fruits ripening this time of year. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!