Sunday, 13 September 2015

My September Garden . . .



 photo SAM_7044_zpsfc018a26.jpg

In Spring I thought my garden was
a Paradise sublime . . .
In June I said the time of roses
was the sweetest time . . .


 photo SAM_7050_zps656264fc.jpg

Now as I go strolling past
the border by the wall  . . .
I declare my autumn garden is
the best garden of all . . .


 photo dahalia_zps4gex4vku.jpg

Shaggy headed dahlias
in every tint and tone . . .
flaunt their gay and gaudy blooms
against the  old grey stone.

 photo 27d9fb6c5623726bf95752021992ba3f_zpshmggoqkd.jpg

Glorious chrysanthemums
in copper, pink and white  . . .
weave about the berried shrubs
a pattern, rich and bright.


 photo SAM_0356_zpsb19fdc92.jpg

Daisies, mauve for Michaelmass . . .
the sunflowers' wild display,
the fountains of the golden rod  . . .
no wonder that I say

 photo SAM_8024_zps988c450d.jpg

My september garden,
with its colours, bold and clear . . .
is the loveliest of all,
the climax of the year.

No time to really write much this morning.  I slept in an hour later than I normally do and we have church to get ready for, but I could not let the day pass without at least a small message to you!



In The English Kitchen today . . . .  Dutch Apple Turnovers.

Have a beautiful Sunday and I'll catch up with you tomorrow!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too.  God bless you all!

8 comments:

Suze said...

God bless your Sabbath.

Marie Rayner said...

God bless you also Suzan. xoxo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Nice to see your fall garden. There is truly not much blooming here at all. But what remains is treasured. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday !

Marie Rayner said...

Not for long Pam! It really is summer's last hurrah! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday also! xoxo

La Table De Nana said...

Pretty pretty!

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks MOnique! xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you Marie for a very calming and beautiful post! Have a blessed Sunday..

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks Unknown! You too! Xo