Monday, 1 June 2015

Hello June!



 photo 185a65cdcb4716cbb2a692753ce2a046_zpsucktk40a.jpg

Hooray for June, the singing month . . . where roses ramble everywhere . . . over picket fences, along grey stone walls, climbing trellis's . . . blooming on lattice and stone and garden wall.  It seems all the world is green and laced with shell pinks, rose reds and ivory whites . . .

There's a song in the sky as well . . . with notes of tranquil blue . . . and the sun sings with warmth.


 photo foxgloves_zpsc7dgzfho.jpg

As I wander through the garden I am quite sure I hear an echoing melody faintly blowing in the wind . . .  the horns of fairieland assailing my ears and tempting me . . .

There is no spot in the garden which is not enhanced by the charming riot of blooming roses, or the spikes of tall pale amythyst iris acnd lupin . . .


 photo Iris and lupin_zps6urfknyn.jpg

In a certain light the petals appear translucent . . .  the colours pure . . .  magical . . . I long to cut some and bring them into the house  . . .  but my heart also bemoans the fact it would be their end and I can enjoy them much longer if I leave them where they are . . .  where they were meant to be.

This is the month of bloom and of weddings  . . . June comes again to place upon the earth's warm breast, her sweetest gifts . . .

"Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence;
and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation."
~Psalm 51: 10 - 12

We're invited out to a late lunch today followed by a family home evening with some friends and the sun is shining gloriously.   It looks to be a fine day ahead.   There is a warmth now in the sun that wasn't there a few months ago . . .  but the wind is still cold.   They do say however that by the end of the week we will be in a heat wave.  We shall see!


































 I was playing around in my craft room for a short yesterday afternoon and I made a bookmark for you.   I love Jane Austin.  I find that making bookmarks is a great way to use up scraps.  I think if you click on the picture it will open up in a new window and then you can download it at a proper size for printing.    A small thank you and remembrance for all the love and friendship we share with each other.

 photo coyright cherry apron_zpsflhdilhy.jpg

This also came out.   I love the cherries on her apron.  I am very fond of cherries.  I don't often do black hair.   It's hard to get it right.  I think I managed this time.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . .

 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
"Round the arbours  of remembrance
Youth's unfading roses climb,
And the hidden seeds of friendship
Grow between the stones of Time."
~Patience Strong
 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

  photo SAM_9019_zpsnkktzw3q.jpg 

There is a simple supper cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Shakshuka.  It's a North African Egg dish filled with lots of peppers, onions, tomatoes, etc.   Delicious!


Have a wonderful week and JUNE!  May it be filled with lots of goodness.   Don't forget  . . .

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!!


10 comments:

Suze said...

Marie thank you for the book mark.

June arrived with grey skies and plenty of snow down south. We ahve had no rain and the day hit around 22. I am looking forward to tonight which should be cold at 6 and what i declare to be great sleeping weather.

Pip and I went to see grandad today. He was in a happy mood and really enjoyed a chocolate dessert that William sent him from his work.. Miss Pip sang and sang to him and today he joined in and we had a very happy visit.

God bless your day and the family home evening.

Sybil said...

Jut about going away Marie Peter said 8.30 and MAry will be over shortly 7.30 for our usual tea nd lemon curd toast !! Sorry I won't have time to print of the bookmark...it is lovely...but it will still be here when I get back on Friday. Nice sunny morning so far...forecast is bad for afternoon down Torquay way and not good for tomorrow either wild and wet..Ah well not a lot I can do about it is there. Have a lovely day and enjoy lunch etc etc...Take care of yourselves till I get back Friday...Know that you ar ealways in my thought and prayers....hope all goes well at teh council office xxxxx

Marie Rayner said...

You're welcome Suzan! I am glad that you have had a somewhat cooler day and that you also had a great day with your dad! God bless you also! xoxo

I do so hope you have a lovely time away Sybil and yes, the bookmark will be waiting for you when you get back! Love and hugs, xoxo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It sounds like you will be having a great start to this new week and new month. Enjoy your day !

La Table De Nana said...

Your art..as always♥

Marie Rayner said...

Thank you Pam! The day has turned very cold and wet now! Brrr . . . One can only hope June improves as the month goes on! xoxo

Thanks Monique! xoxo

Carol Z said...

The book mark is wonderful, Marie. So true! The verse from Psalm 52 is my prayer every night. I always hope for a clean heart for the day ahead. Take good care, my friend.

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks Carol! I love the Psalms. They are my fvourite book. You take care also. love and hugs. xoxo

LeAnn said...

June is a wonderful month. We finally got a few days of sunshine without rain and the temperatures are up. In June we have our 48th wedding anniversary coming up and three children with birthdays and one granddaughter. It is a special month. I loved the garden pictures. Thanks for the lovely book mark; it is awesome. I too love the cherry's on the apron; just so cute.
You are amazing; I think I keep saying it but it is true.
Hugs for you dear friend!

Marie Rayner said...

Happy Anniversary LeAnn! It sounds like June is REALLY special for all of you! xoxo