Friday, 4 January 2013

Fresh beginnings . . .



I was thinking about new years and fresh starts last evening as I got into bed.  I do a lot of my thinking in bed . . . which is probably why I am a bit of an insomniac, truth be told.   I need to learn to shut my brain off when I get into bed . . . not turn it on.

I love the idea of each new year being the opportunity for a fresh start though . . .  a new chapter in your life waiting to be written upon.  You stand on it's threshold with questions waiting to be asked and answered, embraced and loved.  Fresh things await your discovery . . .  365 days of discovery and delight . . . just waiting for you to find them.

365 days of dreams to explore . . . hopes to inspire.  Possibilities to unwrap.   I suppose it is all in how you look at things.  Sometimes change comes very hard . . . I am not a great lover of change myself . . . but sometimes change is the only way dreams can be fulfilled, or given birth to.   Sometimes you just have to be willing to jump first, take risks . . . experience a leap of faith.


Source: flickr.com via Marie on Pinterest


The first step is in believing in yourself and in your OWN possibility.   However can you expect anyone else to believe in the worth of you . . . if YOU don't already believe in the worth of you.  However can you expect anyone else to take a chance on your, if you are not willing to take a chance on yourself.

What are your private aspirations?  Are there things you have always dreamed of doing, but always been afraid to try?  What secret longings have you always held in your heart . . . afraid to speak them out loud for fear of failure?  Have you been wasting a lifetime of opportunity . . . waiting for just the "right" time?

Trust that NOW is the time.   Ask the questions and then have confidence that the answers will come.  Embrace the gentle yearnings of your heart.   Invest in your dreams and have faith that at least some of them CAN come true . . . know that they won't . . . unless you take a pro-active step in making them happening.  Make this the year of  . . . BELIEVING IN YOU.




And . . . maybe you will fail . . . but ask yourself today . . . what if you don't?  Discover the possibility in today . . . each day, and then . . .  make it yours.

Silver Lining:  I forgot to find my silver lining yesterday when I was writing.   I was thinking this morning about what my silver lining might have been for yesterday . . . after all this will be my year of silver linings.  Then my mind happened upon the daily conversations I have been having with my mother.   Had she not been ill . . . these would not have happened.  I would still have been speaking with her only the once a week.  For years she has been poo-poohing my weekly calls and telling me that I shouldn't be wasting our money on such a thing . . . and for years I have been telling her that they are a gift to myself, quite selfish really . . . and that I was saving each conversation as a jewel to take out when I was not able to speak to her anymore . . . as gifts to myself in the future.   And that is what I am giving myself, each day . . . when I call her now.  And it matters not if we speak for only a few minutes . . . or if we speak for an hour . . . I WILL take this blessing as I find it.

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

Though we cannot understand "the meaning of all things," we do "know that God loveth His children," because He has said, "Behold my work and my glory . . . to bring to pass the immortality and  eternal life of man."
 ~President Dieter F Uchtdorf

In The English Kitchen today . . .

Photobucket

 Cranberry and Orange Streusel  Muffins . . . from the cookbook, Moufflet.

Photobucket

Vegetable Stew with Cheese Puff Dumplings, from a much beloved cookbook friend.

Lots of tasty goodness!


 

No comments: