Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Ponderings on life . . .



I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.
~L M Montgomery


Moments come and go so very fast . . . it seems that we no sooner begin one day and it is ending . . . but moments, they are what make up the whole of our lives. Big moments . . . small moments . . . little bitty moments here and there. They turn into hours and then days . . . weeks and then months . . . then years, and before you know it, a whole life time.

When I stop to think about this, it sometimes scares me. Especially when I think back to how much of my life is stretching behind me now . . . and how very little of it is in front of me. I want to try to slow my life down . . . but that's now how it all works. Life is . . . what it is. It passes, and you can't slow it down. You can capture moments of it in photographs, and years later, as you look at the photographs, sweet moments can come back into your recall like the tender, sweet gifts that they are . . . but, the reality is that our lives are short and everything in them, quite irrevocable.



No matter how hard we may try to lengthen our moments, our days, our months . . . our years. NO matter how hard we try to hang onto them and to time . . . truth is . . . we just can't, and . . . no matter how much we may try to shorten the uncomfortable times, or the difficult moments . . . we can't really do that either.

Life is what it is.

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you . . . before you depart. Let me not pass you by in a quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so; One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world . . . your return.
~Mary Jean Iron




What we can do though . . . is to learn to live fully in the present. To learn to live the width and breadth of our lives. To be present here and now. Make the here and the now more meaningful. Live our lives with consciousness. So much can, and will be lost in the cobwebs of time forever . . . existing only in our memory banks, but if we strive to be fully present in the moments of our lives, both the frightening or difficult . . . and the joyful moments . . . it will all have been worth it. Our lives will have been lived.

Everything in our lives has a purpose, both the bad and the good. If we don't want to miss out on that purpose and all of the adventure along the way, then we must be conscious of our here's and our now's . . . always alert . . . with a seeking and open heart. When we learn to capture the moment's we are in . . . then we are living life in all of it's glorious fullness, and that can't be bad.



Life is what it is . . . live it.

Do stuff.
Be clenched, curious.
Not waiting for inspiration's shove
or society's kiss on your forehead.
Pay attention.
It's all about paying attention.
Attention is vitality.
It connects you with others.
It makes you eager.
Stay eager.

~anon

SAM_1078

Another day's progress on the bath. WE have tiles! A full two and a half walls full of lovely pristine white tiles!

SAM_1079

That horrible turquoise blue paint will be re-done in a pale grey blue, which should look nice with the flooring and the tiles. It's starting to come together now. Only about a week to go and it should be all done! I can't wait!

Not a lot on today. Just enjoying the here and the now.
Happy day everyone! May it be filled with a bit of sunshine, a few smiles and a lot of love!

SAM_0955

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Chunky, Chewy Fruit & Nut Granola!

No comments: