Sunday, 5 August 2012

Rules for Happiness and a whole lot of other stuff . . .

Source: 500px.com via Marie on Pinterest



Rules For Happiness

Stop blaming other people
Be humble
Listen more; talk less.
Every day, do something nice.
Strive for excellence, not perfection.
Be on time.
Admit it when you make a mistake.
Let someone cut ahead of you in line.
Know when to keep your mouth shut.


I found these in a little book I have and I thought they were pretty good and so I wanted to share them with you. A lot of them are things I already try to do, but then again . . . there are others I really need to work on. I think that would be the same with most people.



There are others as well that I could add to the list . . . things like . . .

Make your yesses, yesses . . . and your no's, no's.
Obey the Golden Rule (Do unto others.)
Smile more, frown less.
Treat your family the same way you would treat one of your friends.
Get down on the carpet with your dog . . . and play.
Read more, watch less TV.
Ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?", and then do it.
Be kind. It cost's nothing, yet reaps great rewards.
Never gossip.
Remember when you point a finger at someone else . . . you have three fingers
pointing back at you.
Eat healthy and get more exercise.
Sing more, dance more . . . complain less.
Love more, hate less.
Surround yourself with things that make you smile.
No matter what, no matter where, no matter when, no matter who . . . find the silver lining.
Do your best in all things . . . nobody can ask for any more than that.
Eat more vegetables and less chocolate. (I really need to work on this one!)
Pray, pray, and pray some more.
Read the scriptures and ponder them.
Listen to wholesome music and watch wholesome things on the telly.
Stay out of debt.
Take joy in the here and the now, let tomorrow take care of itself.
Share your toys.



I really could write a list as long as this page and then some. What are some of the things you think people can do to make their lives happier? I'd really love to hear them!

The sun is shining this morning, which is nice to see. It was quite rainy and thundery yesterday. Todd took himself off into town and I worked on my lesson for this morning. (I am teaching in Relief Society.) I already had it done basically, but I just kind of tweaked it. I like to be well prepared. I hope it goes well.

I talked to my sister on the computer for a while as well. She's been on holiday this past week and we got to talk almost every day. I loved it. When we were younger, before divorce, etc. we used to talk on the telephone every morning for at least an hour. We had fabulous conversations. We've always been very close. She is truly my best friend, and I am grateful for that.



I'm hoping this week to get back to working on my Christmas Booklet. It has kind of gotten put on the shelf this past month with holidays, and church activities and all. I am itching to just sit down and create. I suppose I could add that to the list of happiness rules . . . create something new every day! (It would work for me, but not so sure it would for anyone else!)

With that, I'll end this and leave you with something to make you smile . . .

I polished up my halo
As brightly as I could,
I wanted folks to see it
And know that I was good.
Yet quickly did I notice,
And very odd it seemed . . .
The harder that I polished,
The duller that it gleamed.
So giving up my effort,
For pointless seemed my zest,
I put away my halo
And simply did my best.
But stranger still to tell you,
Since putting it away,
I've noticed that my halo
Shines brighter every day!
~Margaret Ingall

Have a good day everyone!



Baking in The English Kitchen today . . . a delicious Coconut and Lime Cake!


No comments: